Novartis was created in 1996 through the merger of Ciba-Geigy and Sandoz, two companies with a rich and diverse corporate history. Throughout the years, Novartis and its predecessor companies have discovered and developed many innovative products for patients and consumers worldwide.
Novartis is the only company with leading positions in each of these key areas:
- Pharmaceuticals: innovative patent-protected medicines
- Alcon: global leader in eye care with surgical, ophthalmology and consumer products
- Sandoz: affordable, high-quality generic medicines and biosimilars
- Consumer Health: self-medication products and treatments for animals
- Vaccines and Diagnostics: vaccines and diagnostic tools to protect against life-threatening diseases
Novartis manufactures such drugs as clozapine (Clozaril), diclofenac (Voltaren), carbamazepine (Tegretol), valsartan (Diovan) and imatinib mesylate (Gleevec/Glivec). Additional agents include cyclosporin (Neoral/Sandimmun), letrozole (Femara), methylphenidate (Ritalin), terbinafine (Lamisil), and others.
Since Novartis was created in 1996 – when only 45% of net sales came from healthcare – the company has shifted focus to fast-growing areas of healthcare. Their strategy is to provide healthcare solutions that address the evolving needs of patients and societies worldwide.
Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, Novartis Group companies employ approximately 99,000 full-time-equivalent associates and operate in more than 140 countries around the world.
Products List of Novartis (Bangladesh) Limited, See here
Contact to Novartis (Bangladesh) Limited:
AHN Tower (7th to 9th Floor),
13 Biponon C/A Bir Uttam CR Dutta Rd,
Phone: +880 2 8615302
Fax: +880 2 861 3489
Factory/ Tongi Plant Location
Cherag Ali Bazar
Tongi Industrial Area
Phone: +880 2 981 0728-32
Fax: +880 2 980 4245
[Source: Adapted from their website]