To date, breast cancer is one of the most dangerous diseases. Unfortunately, it is not always possible to diagnose it early due to the lack of modern equipment in many countries.
Medical tourism is getting popular, and you can easily get stage 4 breast cancer treatment in Germany. Modern hospitals in Germany have the most advanced equipment and are ready to help patients. That is why Germany is now very popular among patients from all countries in the world.
Breast cancer is a malignant tumor that develops from breast cells as a result of mutations. This type of cancer’s main danger is that it has almost no symptoms at the initial stages. The general health state remains normal, and the woman may not know about her problem. That is why it is often diagnosed in the advanced stages when treatment is ineffective.
The list of symptoms that may indicate breast cancer includes:
- Induration in the breast area
- Bloody discharge from the nipple
- Changes in breast size or shape abnormally
- Changes in the shape of the nipple
If you notice one or more symptoms, it is better to have a preventive check-up with your mammologist.
Mutations that cause malignancy usually occur under the influence of harmful factors. However, in 15% of cases, women receive defective genes from their parents. The risk of cancer development increases with age, especially after 45-50 years. The main risk factors that significantly increase the risk of cancer development are:
- Exposure to radiation
- Early start of menstruation
- Disorders of the immune system
- Late menopause
- Regular use of hormonal drugs
Advantages of Germany
In recent years, medicine in Germany has risen to a new level. Every year thousands of patients from different countries come here for treatment. In terms of the efficiency of cancer treatment, Germany is one of the three world leaders. The country has achieved amazing results due to:
- Availability of up-to-date equipment to perform treatment of oncology of any stage along with localization. In addition to improving efficiency, the risks to the patient’s health have also been decreased.
- The work of experienced surgeons who use the most modern and effective methods of treatment. After surgery, you will be provided with first-rate medical care in modern wards of German clinics.
- Many modern clinics in the country have a department for work with foreign patients, which provides personal interpreter services. This helps patients feel more comfortable during treatment.
Breast Cancer Diagnosis
The earlier a tumor is detected, the more successful the treatment will be. If the cancer was diagnosed at the first stage, the chances of a full recovery are almost 100%.
State-of-the-art equipment in German clinics allows the detection of oncology at its earliest stages. In German hospitals, examinations are performed with mammography. This is a kind of X-ray device designed specifically for breast examinations. All women over 45 years should undergo mammography once a year.
Women under the age of 45 should have an ultrasound examination every 1-2 years and see a mammologist, even if they have no symptoms. This will increase the chances of finding the tumor at an early stage and improve treatment efficacy.
Often, after the diagnosis is made, the patient goes to a specialized oncology clinic to receive effective treatment. It is believed that a full recovery is possible only if the treatment of breast cancer is carried out with a combination of several methods of treatment. However, there are other treatment options for breast cancer.
Treatment of the 4th stage of breast cancer is palliative and aims to improve the quality of life and increase its duration. The metastatic disease requires the prescription of chemotherapy or hormone therapy. The life expectancy depends directly on whether the metastases have affected vital organs.