What is a toddler tooth decay?
Do you have children in your house? Then you must face the problem of dental cavities and tooth decay and have to deal with these as well. Usually, the decay of the tooth is a breakdown or destruction of tooth enamel. We all know the fact that enamel is the outer and hard part of the tooth.
The decay of the tooth can lead to cavities in the case of your little one. These will make holes in the teeth of your children. It is one of the most common chronic diseases for children and toddlers. You can get some valuable insights and treatment where necessary from Eschenbach’s Pediatric Dentistry.
Causes behind tooth decay in a toddler:
It can be happened due to the bacteria and other things such as foods containing carbohydrates and all left in the tooth and joints after eating. These foods can be soda, candy, bread, cake, fruit juices, raisins, cereal, and all.
Bacteria generally live in our mouths, and they change these foods in acid. The combination of bacteria, acid, and food makes plaque that will stick to the teeth and causing cavities and decaying problems.
Habits of eating food:
The decaying problem of a tooth in toddlers may happen due to the changing behavior of their food habits. We all know that our kids like foods such as sweets, chocolates, ice creams, and other types of sugar contained foods, and these types of foods making their teeth prone to decay and cavities as well.
Drinks they prefer:
Your toddler may like to have various types of drinks such as shakes, sports drinks, and juices as well. Frequently drinking these types of beverages can cause infection to the teeth, and bacteria will also settle in the grooves and pits of the tooth.
Some severe medical issues:
If your toddler may suffer from chronic allergies, then the flow of saliva will decrease, and this makes the chances of increasing the risk of cavities.
Feeding at bedtime:
If your toddler takes the bottle of milk, juice, and all at the bedtime, then you must know the fact that the liquids will sit on your tooth for hours and set the ground for bacteria as well.
Decreased amount of fluoride:
If you do not know the fact, then you should know that fluoride is one kind of natural mineral, and it helps to avoid the formation of cavities. This type of mineral is used to make toothpaste, mouth rinsing products, and all.
Which makes it risky for tooth decay?
If you notice the fact, then you will understand that all children have bacteria in their mouths, and it is prevalent at their age as well. So, they all have the risk of decaying tooth. But some of these factors may also raise your child’s risk:
- Diet with a high amount of sugar and scratch.
- High levels of bacteria can cause problems of cavities.
- Limited water supply, and that means less amount of fluoride.
- Very poor oral hygiene and care.
The symptoms from that you know:
There are some common ways of tooth problems and decay in the case of toddlers. These are such as follows:
- White spots are the signs of enamel breaking. You will have to notice these signs in your toddler. This can also lead to the sensitivity of the teeth in children.
- The early cavities can also appear in the tooth. It is light brown in color.
- If the cavity becomes more rooted, then you will notice that the color will change from light brown to dark brown or black.
But these types of symptoms may vary from children to children. But if the problem resists then your toddler will feel some of these:
- Your toddler may feel the acute pain around the tooth and gum area.
- Your children will also feel the sensitivity to some kinds of foods and drinks such as hot, cold, and sweet as well.
You can also watch this useful video to clear the fact about cavities and enamel breaking as well.
How to reverse your toddler’s tooth decay?
So, you need to do your best for your toddler tooth decay reversal. If your toddler has severe dental issues and cavities problem, even though you can make some differences by implementing some changing food habits and ensure that they will get some essential nutrients as well.
1. Provide real food to your kid:
As a responsible parent, you need to provide your kid with the top quality food. You will have to eliminate the packaged and processed foods from the buying list.
You will have to give them the diet of nutrient-dense foods and drinks. The fresh foods are very much important for your children, and it ensures that your toddler will get all types of essential vitamins and minerals. This will necessary for perfect bone structure and formation of teeth.
2. Give them the fat-soluble vitamins:
You will have to take care of the fact that your toddler must get the fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E, K. This will help your kids to form healthy bones and teeth as well. You can find these sources of vitamins in pastured eggs, grass-fed dairy, organ meats, and cod liver oil.
You can also check this chart for your benefits:
- Vitamin A: You will get this from butter, cod liver oil, egg yolks, and fish.
- Vitamin D: You will get this from cod liver oil, beef liver, egg yolks, wild salmon, and all.
- Vitamin E: You can get this from butter, nuts, organ meats, and green leafy vegetables.
- Vitamin K: You can get this from vegetables from the cabbage family, butter, dark leafy vegetables, egg yolks, and all.
3. Reduce the rate of phytic acid:
You will have to cut back on the phytic acid amount from your toddler’s daily diet. You can cut it by reducing the grains in regular diets such as pasta, bread, rice, cereal, and all. You can also soak the nuts and seeds before giving it to them.
4. Reduce the amounts of sweets:
You will have to reduce the number of sweets, even natural sweets as well. Sugar can cause decay and cavities in the tooth of your toddler.
Apart from these solutions, you can also use the remineralization toothpaste for your children. It will promote healthy teeth and ensure the mouth health for your toddler.