CPhI Worldwide – organised by UBM (part of Informa PLC) – announces the opening of the 2018 CPhI Pharma Awards for entries. The industry’s preeminent awards return for a landmark 15th edition, with 17 categories honouring companies and individuals driving the pharma industry forward through innovations, technologies, and strategies.
Full list of categories:
- Excellence in Pharma: API Development
- Excellence in Pharma: Formulation
- Excellence in Pharma: Excipients
- Excellence in Pharma: Manufacturing Technology and Equipment
- Excellence in Pharma: Bioprocessing and Manufacturing
- Excellence in Pharma: Analysis, Testing, and Quality Control
- Excellence in Pharma: Drug Delivery Devices
- Excellence in Pharma: Packaging
- Excellence in Pharma: Supply Chain, Logistics, and Distribution
- Excellence in Pharma: Contract Services and Outsourcing
- Excellence in Pharma: Regulatory Procedures and Compliance
- Excellence in Pharma: Corporate Social Responsibility
- Excellence in Pharma: CEO of the Year
- Excellence in Pharma: Pharma Company of the Year
- Excellence in Pharma: OTC
- Excellence in Pharma: Patient Centricity
- Excellence in Pharma: IT, mHealth & Digitalisation
Last year, the Awards received a record number of submissions with over 200 applications, and CPhI Worldwide is expecting even greater interest in 2018. Categories include innovations across APIs, excipients, and formulations to drug delivery technologies, packaging, patient-centricity, contract services and business performance focused awards.
This year the Bioprocessing & Manufacturing category – powered by the new bioLIVE event – is expected to see a big increase in applications in light of the increased biologics and supply chain audiences now attending CPhI Worldwide. Amongst 2017’s most hotly contested categories were API Development, along with the fiercely competitive ‘Product Packaging’ and ‘Drug Delivery and Devices’ categories, which each received over 20 high-quality entries.
Former winners of the prestigious CEO of the year award feature a ‘who’s who’ of Pharma executives, such as Vivek Sharma, CEO of Piramal (winner in 2015); Udit Batra, CEO of Merck (winner in 2016), and last year Richard Chin, MD, founder and CEO of Kindred Biosciences.
Another increasingly significant category is the Corporate Social Responsibility award, which will be given in partnership with official charity partner, International Medical Corps.
The awards are now rightly lauded as the most prestigious in pharma. If you or your company want to be recognised amongst the industry and your peers as driving forward developments, we encourage you to take part – all pharma and supply chain companies are welcome. By entering, you get the chance to have your achievements recognised at a glittering awards ceremony – not to mention, the exposure you’ll gain at the world’s largest pharma event and through the global trade press. This year, such is scale of demand, we anticipate more than 500 of pharma’s most prominent business leaders will pay to attend the awards gala–Orhan Caglayan, Brand Director , CPhI Worldwide, UBM (part of Informa PLC)
Submitting your entry(ies) for the CPhI Pharma Awards is free of charge and the deadline is July 31st 2018 – with shortlisted finalists announced 28th August 2018. The winners will be unveiled during a glitzy ceremony at the prestigious Eurostars Madrid Tower in Madrid, on October 9th during the evening of the first day of CPhI Worldwide.
To apply please visit https://awards.cphi.com